Wednesday 4 April 2018

Pachayammal @ Payal - 3

Clash of the Conscience

I reached out to Vincent for help and he has pushed me into a difficult situation now; whether to look for a cure or to try and replicate it. Whatever Vincent just said to me over the phone seemed valid. He was right; this could help evolve humans into something great than what we were now. The power to harness energy from light and we will be biological batteries ;). The light from the sun reaches most places on earth where humans inhabit and would be sufficient to cover most of the population. Another good reason for people to have a sun bath and feel replenished. And during the night, we had the moon and our own light bulbs (thanks to Edison, one of the great inventor mankind has known) to serve as a source of light. We would no longer require to do agriculture or domestication of animals. People can utilize all their time to create much more amazing things. But will people stop eating food since it is no longer required to? That's something to think about as well. One thing for sure is that no longer do we have to worry about famine and hunger. This should be the way ahead. Let me call Vincent now and inform about my decision.

Oh Wait!! Payal is my daughter. How could I do this to my own daughter and my only lineage. Her birth was the most amazing moment of my life. And moreover she is a very small child, just a year old. A living doll with beautiful eyes and an innocent smile. Wouldn't it be inhumane to use her for my own selfish research? I would be the most evil person the world has ever known (more than Mojo  Jojo). And if something happens to Payal during research, I would die out of guilt.

A scientist should think about the benefit of a society above all. Considering the benefits of this, I should proceed with the research and try to replicate this. Sacrifice has been the key for several inventions. All of the scientists worked for the larger good. I too have sacrificed my teenage for this research and will not let this go down the drain. The genetic expression has only had a positive impact in all my studies so far. I've also injected it on myself and I'm still normal and healthy. Hence it shouldn't be life threatening. Moreover, Payal is very young and her body has already accepted the gene successfully.

How would Neha react if I told her about this? She's already mad at me for whatever has happened. She loves Payal more than anything and anyone in this world. She would do anything to protect her daughter. I wouldn't be surprised if she even files a divorce against me and take Payal with her. However, she might agree if I convince her that I am only trying to cure her.

Even if i manage to console myself and Neha, how would I prove this to the research community. I cannot exhibit Neha as a proof of concept. It is unethical and a crime to utilize a human for genetic research without proper approval. I would end up in jail for the crime that I have committed already.

Why isn't life simple where things can be just black or white. Let me take some break and clear up my mind. There should be a way out of this...

No comments:

Post a Comment